What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of clear aligners that gradually reposition the teeth throughout your treatment. Invisalign aligners can be removed to allow patients to perform their daily oral hygiene routine and eat, drink, and speak without restriction.
What Can Invisalign Be Used To Treat?
Dr. Deckard will work with patients to organize specialized care for advanced orthodontic cases. In most cases, Invisalign can be effectively used to address:
- Gaps between teeth
- Open Bite
- To achieve a straighter smile
Advantages of Invisalign vs. traditional braces
- Daily Appearance
- Metal braces can cause the appearance of the mouth to be unattractive, as though it is filled with awkward chunks of unsightly metal. They are noticeable, especially on an adult, and can get food caught in them without the wearer even being aware of it. Invisalign® clear braces are barely noticeable. They look very much as though the person wearing them is not wearing braces at all.
- Invisalign® clear braces are removable. If for any reason, the patient wearing Invisalign® wishes to remove them for brief periods of time (to eat or drink), he or she may easily do so. As long as the patient keeps Invisalign® in for 22 hours per day, you are doing great with your treatment.
- Time Needed For Treatment
- Someone who wears metal braces might expect the treatment to take as long as 5 years. Invisalign® can take from only one year to a year and a half to straighten your teeth.
- Traditional metal braces contain wire and protruding bits of metal that can puncture and scratch the insides of the mouth and gums. Invisalign® is smooth and comfortable as they do not include any sharp edges or protruding edges. Traditional metal braces can affect decaying teeth as food is easily trapped. They also use a great deal of force to straighten the teeth. These problems do not exist with Invisalign®.
Dr. Justin Deckard is a trusted, a highly trained dentist in Washington, DC. Dr. Deckard’s natural eye for balance and beauty make him the ideal partner in your cosmetic dentistry journey. At DC Precision Dentistry, our goal is to help each of our patients achieve a beautiful smile through personalized dental care.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
To learn more about Invisalign, visit DC Precision Dentistry. Washington, DC dentist Dr. Deckard works with patients one on one to design a personalized solution based on their needs. If you would like to achieve a straighter smile, consider Invisalign invisible braces. To schedule a consultation, call (202) 851-7554 or request an appointment online.