Discolored, darkened, or yellow teeth can impact your self-confidence. Teeth whitening products found at grocery and drug stores usually don’t deliver effective results, which is why professional teeth whitening can be a great choice for patients who want a whiter smile.
What Discolors Teeth?
Teeth can become yellowed, darkened, or discolored in multiple ways:
- Foods and Drinks: Certain fruits or drinks like tea, coffee, wine, and soda may stain teeth.
- Smoking and Tobacco Products: Tar can darken teeth over time. With repeated use, nicotine can stain teeth.
- Medication: Certain antihistamines and antibiotics may discolor teeth.
- Age: As we age, our tooth enamel can wear away, revealing the dark layer of dentin underneath.
- Injury: Chipped or cracked teeth can become discolored because they reveal dentin underneath tooth enamel.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening offers many benefits besides improving the appearance of teeth. Teeth whitening can:
- Improve oral health
- Reduce tooth sensitivity
- Provide long-lasting results
- Revitalize the appearance of teeth
Dr. Deckard & Associates at DC Precision Dentistry make it their mission to provide comfortable care that provides long-lasting results. Through an in-office treatment called Zoom!®, patients at DC Precision Dentistry can achieve the smile of their dreams.
Zoom!® Teeth Whitening Treatment
During this procedure, the gums are covered with a protective gel, and then a whitening gel is applied to teeth and activated by a special light four times in a 60 minute period. This in-office treatment utilizes professional-grade whitening agents to quickly and effectively whiten teeth.
Schedule an Appointment
Do you want a whiter and brighter smile? Call DC Precision Dentistry at (202) 851-7554. You can also schedule an appointment with us online here.